Welcome Fall 2016 Entering Students!
We are thrilled you have joined our incoming class of 2016 and excited to welcome you into our community of artists! Below is a list of steps you’ll need to take before arriving on campus this fall.
Items to Submit
The following is a checklist of items you will need to submit before school starts. This information can also be found in the Enrollment Guide which will be sent to all deposited students. Please complete and return all of the below forms to PrattMWP College of Art and Design (unless otherwise noted) by June 15, 2016).
Complete 2016 Enrollment Guide PDF Fillable link
- Final Official Transcript. High school students should inform their guidance counselors that they will be attending PrattMWP College of Art and Design. Transcripts should be mailed to PrattMWP, Office of Admissions, 310 Genesee Street, Utica NY 13502. If you are not graduated for any reason, you must email Brittany Gaffney, Admissions Associate Director.
Transfer students must provide final official copies of all college transcripts if transcripts were not provided at the time of application. Please follow the instructions on the Transfer Credit /AP Exam Request Form, credit form. Please submit these documents as soon as possible after you finish the spring term if you did not already do so.
- Housing Request and Dietary Needs Form The Residence Life Coordinator assigns students to their room assignments after receiving this form. Assignments are made based upon specific requests stated on this form to the extent that it is possible to do so. All students assigned to a residence hall are automatically enrolled in the mandatory meal plan. Students will receive their room assignment towards the end of July.
- Student Health Insurance Form All students enrolled at PrattMWP are required to carry health insurance coverage. All students should complete the Student Health Insurance Form, and indicate whether they need to purchase PrattMWP’s student health insurance plan, or if they will be enrolled in an alternate health insurance plan that covers them while in the Utica, NY area.
- Transfer Credit /AP Exam Request Form. If you are planning to request credit for AP courses taken in high school or for college courses, you will need to submit the Transfer/AP Credit form. Please submit this form with all official transcripts and AP exam scores to Erica Wilson, Associate Director of Transfer Admissions.
- Emergency Contact Form
- Mental Health Form
- Health Evaluation Form
- Physical and Immunization Form Due By July 15, 2016
- Security ID Photo Requirements
- Accommodations Form (optional)
International students whose first language is not English will be required to take our in-house English Placement Test to assess the level of English proficiency unless they submitted a TOEFL score of at least 600 or IELTS score of 7.5. You may be required to take Intensive English classes concurrently with your degree program courses.
Your first semester classes are pre-determined by the Registrar. Every PrattMWP student is assigned an academic advisor and will need to meet with their advisor to discuss classes needed every semester thereafter. Students will receive their class schedule during the month of July.
International students: Once you have completed your Intensive English Program requirements or have tested out, you will be required to begin taking freshman English classes. Please also note that ENGL 100 and 102 are the equivalent of HMS 101B and HMS 103B.
Academic Calendar: The fall 2016 / spring 2017 calendar is posted for your reference. Please contact Tammy Bennett, Registrar by email or calling 315-797-0000 x 2152 with any questions.
Move-in/Orientation: Information regarding Orientation, move-in day and first day of classes can be found on our Orientation web page.
Invoices will be generated and sent via postal mail the first week in July for the fall semester. Full payment of the invoice balance is due by August 1. Bills are based on a full-time credit load and are adjusted if you drop or add credits below 12 or over 18.
Payments can be made by cash (in person only), credit card, check or wire transfer. PrattMWP also offers a monthly tuition payment plan through Tuition Management Systems (TMS) for your convenience. The first payment for the monthly payment plan is July 15th. Information on how to make your tuition payment is available on our Student Accounting webpage Please contact Mary Lourdes Doyle in the Bursar's Office if you have questions about billing/payment options by email or 315-797-0000 ext. 2174.
If you decide to defer your application to the following year or withdraw your application completely, please contact the Office of Admissions by email or calling 800-755-8920. Only freshmen may defer admission. You may not attend another school during the deferred year. Students who wish to defer their application must submit the $200 Enrollment Deposit.
You are not required to purchase a laptop, however if you are planning to purchase one, we provide a computer recommendation list in the Enrollment Guide. The campus is wireless in the Studio and Academic Building, including the Library and most classrooms. Residence Halls are not wireless at this time.
Shipping Items before You Arrive
You can mail packages to yourself beginning in August. Our mail center cannot accept items received earlier than August 15 for the fall semester. The mail center will be open on check-in day for you to retrieve your things. Packages can be address as follows:
1200 State Street
Utica, NY 13502
Relocating to the Brooklyn campus
The transition to the Brooklyn campus is automatic and seamless; no application is required to relocate. Approximately 95 percent of students choose to relocate to Brooklyn. When you relocate, you will start as a junior in your program as long as you remain in the major in which you were enrolled in at PrattMWP. You will complete your degree in two years as long as you meet all requirements for your degree. Upon graduation, your bachelor’s degree will be awarded by Pratt Institute. You must complete the first two years at PrattMWP before you will be able to relocate to Brooklyn. You may not relocate to Brooklyn after completing only one year at PrattMWP.
Complete 2016 Enrollment Guide PDF Fillable link