Welcome Fall 2017 Entering Students!
We are thrilled you have joined our incoming class of 2017 and excited to welcome you into our community of artists! Below is a list of steps you’ll need to take before arriving on campus this fall.
Items to Submit
The following is a checklist of items you will need to submit before school starts. This information can also be found in the Enrollment Guide which will be sent to all deposited students on May 5, 2017, and weekly, thereafter. Please note that there will be both electronic and physical documents included in the Enrollment Guide. Please be sure to check the postal mail and the email address used to apply. Instructions on completing and returning all forms will be included. All forms should be returned by Friday, June 30, 2017.
Final Official Transcript. High school students should inform their guidance counselors that they will be attending PrattMWP College of Art and Design. Transcripts should be mailed to PrattMWP, Office of Admissions, 310 Genesee Street, Utica NY 13502. If you are not graduated for any reason, you must email Brittany Gaffney, Admissions Associate Director.
Transfer students must provide final official copies of all college transcripts if transcripts were not provided at the time of application. Please follow the instructions on the Transfer Credit /AP Exam Request Form, credit form. Please submit these documents as soon as possible after you finish the spring term if you did not already do so.
- Emergency Contact Form Please fill out the form on the website.
HealthEvaluation The following forms must be printed, completed and returned to PrattMWP by June Friday, June 30, 2017: Health Evaluation Form, and Physical Immunization Form. Items must be returned to PrattMWP College of Art and Design, Student Life Office, 310 Genesee Street, Utica, NY 13502 or Faxed to (315) 797-9349. Keep the Meningitis Information for you own records.
a. Health Evaluation Form (printed, completed, and returned)
b. Physical/Immunization Form (printed, completed, and returned)
c. Meningitis Information (Please review the Meningitis Information sheet and keep it for your own records).
- Housing License Please review the Housing License and keep it for your own records
- Housing Request and Dietary Needs Form Please fill out the form on the website.
- The Residence Life Coordinator assigns students to their room assignments after receiving this form. Assignments are made based upon specific requests stated on this form to the extent that it is possible to do so. All students assigned to a residence hall are automatically enrolled in the mandatory meal plan. Students will receive their room assignment towards the beginning of August.
- Mental Health Form Please fill out the form on the website.
- Security ID Photo Requirements Please fill out the form on the website. Additionally, please email your Security ID photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transfer Credit /AP Exam Request Form Please fill out the form and send to Pratt Institute, Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Myrtle Hall, 200 Willoughby Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11205 or email to email@example.com
- Optional Accommodations Form Please fill out the form on the website. Additionally, please email supporting documentation (i.e doctor's note, IEP, etc.) for your diagnosis to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to PrattMWP Student Life Office, 310 Genesee St. Utica, NY 13502.
- Commuter Meal Plan Please contact the Student Life Director at email@example.com
- Gender Inclusive Housing Please fill out the form on the website.
- Guidelines for Service Animals and Emotional Support Animals Please fill out the form and email supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to PrattMWP Student Life Office, 310 Genesee St. Utica, NY 13502.
- Preferred Name Change This form must be printed, completed, and returned to PrattMWP. Send to PrattMWP College of Art and Design, Student Life Office, 310 Genesee Street, Utica, NY 13502 or Faxed to (315) 797-9349.
Your first semester classes are pre-determined by the Registrar. Every PrattMWP student is assigned an academic advisor and will need to meet with their advisor to discuss classes needed every semester thereafter. Students will receive their class schedule during the month of July.
International students whose first language is not English will be required to take our in-house English Placement Test to assess the level of English proficiency unless they submitted a TOEFL score of at least 600 or IELTS score of 7.5. You may be required to take Intensive English classes concurrently with your degree program courses
Once you have completed your Intensive English Program requirements or have tested out, you will be required to begin taking freshman English classes. Please also note that ENGL 100 and 102 are the equivalent of HMS 101B and HMS 103B.
Academic Calendar: The 2017/2018 Academic Calendar can be viewed here.Please contact Tammy Bennett, Registrar by email or calling 315-797-0000 x 2152 with any questions.
Move-in/Orientation: Information regarding Orientation, move-in day and the first day of classes can be found on our Orientation web page.
Invoices will be generated and sent via postal mail the first week in July for the fall semester. Full payment of the invoice balance is due by August 1. Bills are based on a full-time credit load and are adjusted if you drop or add credits below 12 or over 18.
Payments can be made by cash (in person only), credit card, check or wire transfer. PrattMWP also offers a monthly tuition payment plan through Tuition Management Systems (TMS) for your convenience. The first payment for the monthly payment plan is July 15th. Information on how to make your tuition payment is available on our Student Accounting web page Please contact Mary Lourdes Doyle in the Bursar's Office if you have questions about billing/payment options by email or 315-797-0000 ext. 2174.
If you decide to defer your application to the following year or withdraw your application completely, please contact the Office of Admissions by email or calling 800-755-8920. Only freshmen may defer admission. You may not attend another school during the deferred year. Students who wish to defer their application must submit the $200 Enrollment Deposit.
You are not required to purchase a laptop, however, if you are planning to purchase one, we provide a computer recommendation list in the Enrollment Guide. The campus is wireless in the Studio and Academic Building, including the Library and most classrooms. Residence Halls are not wireless at this time.
Shipping Items before You Arrive
You can mail packages to yourself beginning in August. Our mail center cannot accept items received earlier than August 15 for the fall semester. The mail center will be open on check-in day for you to retrieve your things. Packages can be address as follows:
1200 State Street
Utica, NY 13502
Relocating to the Brooklyn campus
The transition to the Brooklyn campus is automatic and seamless; no application is required to relocate. Approximately 95 percent of students choose to relocate to Brooklyn. When you relocate, you will start as a junior in your program as long as you remain in the major in which you were enrolled in at PrattMWP. You will complete your degree in two years as long as you meet all requirements for your degree. Upon graduation, your bachelor’s degree will be awarded by Pratt Institute. You must complete the first two years at PrattMWP before you will be able to relocate to Brooklyn. You may not relocate to Brooklyn after completing only one year at PrattMWP.
Click here for more information on relocating to the Brooklyn campus.
Both PrattMWP and Pratt Institute are here to assist you in many different ways throughout your education, including issuing your I-20 so that you can obtain an F-1. It is essential that you submit your information quickly to ensure that there is enough time for you to obtain a visa and enter the US to begin your course of study.
We are excited to have you join us and wish you a pleasant journey!
All New Students: International Student Form
All new international students applying for an F-1 visa must complete the online International Student Form and submit all required documents in order to apply for the I-20.
The I-20 application is now available for new incoming Fall 2017 students. Go to the Pratt Institute, Intranet page to start the process by submitting your International Student Form.
Note that you can only begin the I-20 application process after having paid your program deposit and receiving your OneKey from Pratt Institute.
After you have submitted the International Student Form, please access your Pratt email for your next action steps. You must use the link in the email to access your Dashboard, which is where you will see what documents are outstanding for your I-20 application, upload any required documents and check the Process Status of your I-20 Application.
For more information on requesting your I-20, please download the New Student International Check-List.
Transfer students refer to students who are transferring from one school in the United States to PrattMWP. As a transfer student, you will need to go through the same I-20 Request Process as listed in the above "Request I-20 Forms" instructions and also submit an additional form: the Transfer Certification Form (which must be completed by you and your International Student Advisor at the other school).