Explore the galleries of our thriving arts institute...
The galleries at PrattMWP are a major source of pride. Our prestigious collections and exhibitions offer our students close exposure to a wide range of fine artists and their works.
And throughout the year, PrattMWP students have the opportunity to exhibit their art to established MWPAI audiences within these galleries – an invaluable experience for developing artists.
PrattMWP students have constant access to:
- PrattMWP Student Online Art Gallery: View recent work from our students in all majors in our online gallery.
- Sophomore Award Winner Gallery Online
- The Museum of Art: The Museum of Art offers 20 galleries featuring selections from the permanent collection and exhibitions of works from major collections worldwide. Find out about the more than 25,000 American and European 18th-, 19th-, and 20th-century paintings and 19th-century decorative arts shown in the Philip Johnson-designed museum and Fountain Elms, a refurbished 1850s mansion and original home of MWPAI's founders.
The “PrattMWP Sophomore Exhibition” is held in this museum every year. This is an exceptional honor that few arts colleges and universities have to offer. We are proud to be able to afford our art school students with this opportunity.
- PrattMWP Gallery in the Museum of Art: The PrattMWP Gallery awards exhibitions to highly qualified artists working in a range of media. Six shows per academic year support the PrattMWP College of Art and Design curriculum and provide cultural enrichment to the surrounding community. Selected artists give a gallery talk or slide lecture to students working at the foundation level. Students benefit from direct contact with original works of art by practicing artists.
PrattMWP Gallery in the Museum of Art Hours:
Tuesday – Friday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
The “PrattMWP Freshman Exhibition” closes out the exhibition season of the PrattMWP Gallery in the spring.
- The McCulley Student Gallery: PrattMWP art students exhibit their work in the Dr. Clyde McCulley Student Gallery, located at 14 Cottage Place. The Student Gallery Committee is responsible for selecting and installing student artwork and for show openings. The students work closely with PrattMWP faculty to provide exhibitions that demonstrate a wide variety of student artwork.