Distinguished art school faculty. Low faculty-to-student ratio. Remarkable opportunity.
Ten-to-one. That is the PrattMWP student-to-faculty ratio – and it is one of the most important reasons our students are so successful.
All of our young artists are able to work closely in the studio with our esteemed, full-time faculty. The only asset greater than this unique access to our faculty, is the quality of the faculty itself.
The PrattMWP School of Art faculty is made up of active artists who inspire, as well as educate, their students. They teach, exhibit, and participate in campus and community programs and events. This diverse group of gifted educators brings a real-world perspective to the classroom while helping students develop their talents.
Works created by our faculty members are widely shown in public exhibitions and held in private collections throughout the U.S. and abroad. Members of our distinguished art school faculty have served as guest artists, advisors, and lecturers at many arts colleges and universities throughout the world. In the classroom, they work not only to expand their students’ skills and knowledge, but also to convey to their students insight into the world of art and the artist’s role in society.
PrattMWP faculty members include:
- Donna Moran, Dean of the School of Art & Design
- Ken Marchione, Chair of Academic Affairs and Professor
- Stephen Arnison, Professor Painting and Drawing
- Daniel Buckingham, Professor Sculpture and 3-D Design
- Chris Cirillo, Associate Professor LCD and Drawing
- Ted Ford, Assistant Professor Art History
- Chris Irick, Professor Jewelry and Metal Arts
- Cynthia Koren, Professor Communication Design
- Gregory Lawler, Professor Painting and Drawing
- Rita Lombardi, Assistant Professor of Photography
- Bryan McGrath, Professor Ceramics and Pottery
- Claudine Metrick, Assistant Professor 2D Foundation
- Serena Perrone, Assistant Professor Printmaking/Drawing
- Beth Post, Assistant Professor of Illustration
- Sandra Hope Stephens, Assistant Professor 4D Time and Motion Arts
Our faculty represent the heart of what PrattMWP has to offer. They create works that are changing the world of art as they mentor the young art-makers of tomorrow. We encourage you to explore their works and bios and even contact those who specialize in a discipline that interests you. And, of course, if you find one of our faculty members particularly compelling, we urge you to schedule a campus tour and make an appointment.