Healthy Art Students are Successful Art Students
The mission of the PrattMWP Health Center is to educate students on personal health and physical well-being and becoming consumers of the medical system.
Health Services are provided to PrattMWP through an agreement with Upstate Family Health Center in Utica, New York. A Registered Nurse is available on campus during the week and provides health and wellness information to all PrattMWP students free of charge.
The Health Center is located on the lower level of the Student Center. You can also check out some available resources here: Upstate Family Health Center.
- Immunization Requirements: New York State requires that all students be immunized. Therefore all students must submit proof of having the Measles, Mumps, and Rubella vaccination. Additionally students must provide documentation for having received or waiving meningitis. Students not providing proof will be required to complete the vaccination requirements before continuing in classes. Students who do not complete the vaccination requirements by September 25 of each academic year will be asked to leave PrattMWP until such time that the student has completed the vaccination. The most recent immunization requirements are included in your health and physical form you provide at Orientation.
- Health Insurance: All registered students are required to carry full health insurance coverage while attending PrattMWP.
Students who will have coverage under a separate health insurance plan, covering them while in the Utica, NY area, may choose to waive the school's Aetna Student Health Insurance and have the fee removed from their billing invoice. To waive the insurance students must complete the online Student Health Insurance Form, and provide proof of their existing insurance coverage.
Students who will not be insured under a separate health insurance plan will need to enroll in the school's Aetna Student Health Insurance. To enroll students must complete the online Student Health Insurance Form.
- 2018-2019 Benefit Brochure
- 2018-2019 Highlight Sheet
- Teladoc-speak to a licensed doctor by web, phone or mobile app in under 10 minutes
- Print an ID card